Crabtree Falls

Friday, December 21, 2007

Thrilled

Headland Middle School Auditorium
Headland, Alabama

Since it's the 25th Anniversary of the release of the biggest selling album in history, I might as well tell you how I became a fan of Michael Jackson.  In middle school, I was walking from the 6th-grade building to the main building.  The whole class was on the way to lunch.  A classmate, Neal Hardy, pulled out a Michael Jackson Thriller cassette tape and started telling me about how good the album was.  I was intrigued.  Sometime after that, I purchased my own Thriller tape.  I listened to it over and over on a battery-powered music box that I would carry around with me.  I remember riding in the back of a pickup to and from the Headland Country Club one summer, all the while playing Billie Jean, Wanna Be Startin' Something and Beat It.  I was happy!  In the eighties, Michael Jackson was the thing.  My cousin Jeff and I actually did a rendition of a Jackson song for a school assembly - see image above.  The song was "Torture" but the delivery was surely not.  We did the Jacksons justice!

This is where I bought two pairs of parachute pants: black and almost a dark purple.  My sister took me down there.  Dothan, Alabama.



Check out this guy's performance!

No comments: