Crabtree Falls

Monday, January 28, 2008

Woe Is Me

The little devil has returned. I am starting to feel soreness in my right wrist and in my palm - in the meaty flesh just south of the thumb. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a little bastard. Generally, since I have been back in the colder climate of USA, I have noticed a remarkable improvement. This condition was killing me in Bangkok! The weather here, coupled with a more ergonomic work station, has given me lots of relief. However, just recently, since I began picking up my pace in e-mail advertising for Kade's cooking class and updating her blog, CTS has reared its ugly head. One way to combat the pain is obvious: I need to reduce my time on the computer. Another remedy in the past has been self-massage (or massage, period). I just hope that I can sidestep having to have the nerve clipped surgically. I've even heard that's not 100% effective and, in a few cases, creates even more devilish problems. Perhaps it's time for me to sip that miracle water or rub my sore spots with the green prayer cloth I received from some televangelists. Desperation has apparently already started kicking in.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

I've never had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, but a friend of mine in seminary had it, and I think he had an operation for it. At the time he loaded UPS boxes, and his condition made it nearly impossible for him to do it. He had to take off work for a while.