Hank, Merle and Waylon. West Asheville.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rock King


My brother Mark and I had a chance to visit Graceland way back when. It was virtually my only reason for ever wanting to drive to Memphis. It was a great chance to experience the legend that's Elvis. To this day, his estate still rakes in gobs of royalties and has more name recognition worldwide than anybody. I take that back. Perhaps Muhammad Ali is the only one that eclipses Elvis' fame. Ali, in his braggadocious manner, put it best, "I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elvis died while on the throne. research that. found face down on the floor, in front of the toilet, with pants down at his ankles.