Hank, Merle and Waylon. West Asheville.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Raw Oysters


Mark Espy enjoying an oyster feast last weekend at Hunt's in Dothan, AL.
UPDATE (2012) Over the weekend I devoured eight dozen raw oysters at Hunt's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Dothan, AL. On Friday, for lunch, I put down two dozen oysters and a delicious chili dog. That evening, I returned and ate three more dozen and another chili dog. Then, on Saturday evening, Kade and I treated my aunt and uncle to dinner at Hunt's. And, true to form, I ordered three more dozen and another chili dog. The oysters were as good as they've ever been. Friday evening, when we were sitting at the oyster bar, I told the shucker that if I got some sort of bacteria and died, he could just tell people that I went out a happy man!



No comments: