Crabtree Falls

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Young Dinah @ Shorterville Baptist


Easter Sunday, 1954!  Dinah Grace, front, white headband
her cousins, Charlotte and Elaine, bottom right

 "We are in the old wood frame church, which was torn down in '57-'58 and replaced with the present brick building. I am the "young boy" in the center of pic, with coat and tie."   Robert Edward Phillips, Jr.


the old Shorterville Baptist Church

a classroom at the Shorterville Baptist Church 
Dinah was 15 or 16 yrs old.  She's third from right.

 church outing at Kolomoki State Park, outside Blakely, GA
See if you can spot Dinah.

The Abbeville Herald
April 5, 1962




 lots of snow - 2010
photos by Robert E. Phillips, Jr.

Update July 26/2016

Here are some rare Shorterville Baptist Church records.  Thanks to Robert Edward Phillips for finding and sharing them.  I see that Mother was baptized in July 1953.  Shows date Victor Grace died, and a change in membership for Dorothy Grace a little over a year later.  Look closely and you might find some other gems.

 w/ Elaine Kennedy and Robert Edward Phillips, Jr.

I bought this hand-painted ceramic Easter egg when I was in elementary school.  Mrs. Master's had a class that created art, and it's where I bought this egg.  I gave it to Mother for Easter.

1 comment:

Robert Edward Phillips said...

Allen, glad to know you received these. I always thought so much of Mr. Victor & Miss Dorothy--------I remember him as being somewhat a quiet man,but she made up for him a little bit, right?
My daddy was such good friends with them--------daddy and your grandfather Major, were also, the best of friends as well as doing business with each other some.