Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lake Lure

In Uncle Watty's collection of pictures, I discovered this one..  I flipped it over and read the description.  Lo and behold, it's of Lake Lure.  Lake Lure is just down from us - literally just minutes.  It's the site where part of Dirty Dancing was filmed.  Kade and I have been there a few times, and have driven around the lake after sightseeing at Chimney Rock.  



To see some videos and photos of us at Chimney Rock State Park, where we were overlooking Lake Lure, click here.   And below are two pictures (one an old postcard) of Lake Lure that I Google Imaged in order to find that exact mountain scene.  Pretty confident I found it.



U{DATE:  Here's a video I made in August 2013.  If you look hard enough, you can even spot me swimming!

No comments: