Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Graveyard Fields - Upper & Lower Falls

Today I went hiking just off of the Blue Ridge Parkway.  A couple of hikers joined me for the fun!  I ended up going back to Graveyard Fields in order to hike all the way to Upper Falls, an area where I went on my own once before, but did not make it quite to the top.  From the trailhead to Upper Falls and back was 3.2 miles.  After completing it, we walked down to Lower Falls, a more impressive falls than Upper Falls, and one you can actually see from the Parkway.  That hike was another .8 miles total.  For the day that brought us to 4 miles of hiking - all in lush natural surroundings. Throw in the elevation and the challenge walking through sometimes tough terrain, and you have quite a bit of exercise.  I slept really well last night!  In the videos I made (see at bottom of images), be sure to check out the view of the mountains and low-lying clouds from the overlooks en route to Graveyard Fields.   Captivating!

 First three images are of Upper Falls



These two images are of Lower Falls




No comments: