Crabtree Falls

Friday, December 13, 2013

Playground Motel - Panama City, Florida

It was a nice surprise to discover Watt Espy once had a stake in this motel in Panama City, Florida.  He and a couple of partners had invested in it.  This is in the late '60s - early '70s.  Although I'm not sure, my guess it is that was an existing motel that needed a big spark and some new lifeblood. Espy did some part-time work there - the degree and type of work is not fully known.  The motel might have been successful, but the partnership dissolved fairly quickly, and not in a good way.  Suddenly Espy's investment was in jeopardy, and he filed a lawsuit against his partners to recover what he had put in.  I don't know if he ever did, and I don't know the complete circumstances behind what happened. When I learn more about the motel - the year it was built, how it ended up in Espy's hands, and what happened to it afterward - I will update this post.  Hopefully someone will see this and supply me with more information. 
 

 
 
and for another image of the motel, click here.

No comments: