Crabtree Falls

Monday, January 27, 2014

Games Young Boys Play


My sister Leslie is second from the left.  Mrs. Medley later became my teacher in the 7th grade.  I do recognize Wendy Oates, second from the right.  Not sure about the other girls.  Leslie likes to remind me - and I like to be reminded of it! - that when she invited her girlfriends over to spend the day or the night, they'd sometimes sit on the floor in her bedroom, playing and having fun, and I would walk in (likely the age I am in the picture below).  My M.O. (modus operandi) was to get in the center of the circle and sing, "I want some sugar doo, I want some sugar doo, I want some sugar doo."  And with their encouragement, as I was singing, I would saunter over to one of her friends and kiss them.  It was my version of Duck, Duck, Goose.

No comments: