Crabtree Falls

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Return to Wiregrass

 
This is 1995.  I had just moved back to the Wiregrass after college, and after a year in Uzbekistan.  I am with my mother and a niece and nephew, who, incidentally, are both now students at Auburn University.  I always loved this picture.  It's especially a good one of Mother.  That time I was in Headland working at the bank was life-enhancing on many levels.  One of the primary ways was the fact I could just be near Mother.  Our relationship grew even more.  It 's one thing to be in the parent & child relationship; it's another to move into the parent & adult child relationship phase.  And, as I joyfully discovered, there were more levels to come.  She was a powerful force in my life, and it's made a big, big difference. 

To discover one kind of example my mother and her mother showed in my life and in the lives of my siblings, click here.

No comments: