Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hiking Trails at Carl Sandburg's Home


 
The Carl Sandburg Home is behind us on the hill.
view from summit of Big Glassy Mountain
source
 
more Sandburg quotes
"It is necessary now and then for a man to go away by himself and experience loneliness; to sit on a rock in the forest and to ask of himself, 'Who am I, and where have I been, and where am I going?'...If one is not careful, one allows diversions to take up one's time-the stuff of life" - Carl Sandburg as quoted from a letter to his friend, Ralph McGill.
 

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh, I love those Sandburg quotes! Both resonated with me. I feel like Charlotte's been one long experience in loneliness. As much as I would have liked to have avoided the experiences of the past year, it did give me the opportunity to figure out who I am, what I value, and what I want out of life...

Looks like you guys had a beautiful day!