Crabtree Falls

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

John Rock & Cedar Rock Falls

The John Rock loop hike totaled about 6 miles with 1000 feet of elevation gain.  It included a lovely waterfall - Cedar Rock Falls.  After the hike, a few of us walked around the trout hatchery that's adjacent to the John Rock parking lot.  At the hatchery, I believe, until someone proves me wrong, that I spotted this celebrity.  Later, on the way out of Pisgah National Forest, we pulled over to view Looking Glass Falls.  Actually, I stayed in the vehicle.  But take a look (below) at the image Mark Schmidt captured with his camera.
 

 
All images are the property of Mark Schmidt.






standing atop John Rock, Looking Glass Rock behind me
 





 
And this is what Looking Glass Falls was like yesterday.

No comments: