Crabtree Falls

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Living Simply


I really have been into a simplified way of living over the past several years.  It started back in the '90s when I read some books on living simply.  I'm certainly not saying it's right for everyone, but I do think we put way too much emphasis on things and don't stop to smell the roses, slow down, etc.  Maybe balance is the key.  Plus, it's a wise use of resources.  I had a hard time also reconciling rampant materialism I saw in the lives of Christians (very much so including myself) with the teachings of Christ.  And, I despise the giants of the evangelical world who fleece their flocks:  TD Jakes, Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer and others.  I also was moved, in college, at a Campus Outreach event, by a Tony Campolo talk: Would Jesus wear a Rolex?   - an email I sent someone in 2007

No comments: