Crabtree Falls

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Yard Sale






We had 102 people stop by.  Unfortunately, most were browsing!  A surprise, though:  When the first customers came up, as I was talking with them, I looked up, and there was a bear!  It was just down a bit, on the opposite side of the road, getting ready to scale a fence.  It did just that, and was gone.  It went through a yard, and disappeared.  I tried videoing it. (see below)  The most pleasing aspect of the sale was interacting with people.  I met a lady from Spain, a man who had once sailed around Southeast Asia, a lady who journeyed through Central America, a couple of people who knew Dothan, a lady from Birmingham, one woman who recognized me from my blogs, and then at the end a woman from a church who was trying to gather up leftover sale items for a cause.  In terms of items sold, we were very happy to get rid of the two very large maps - world map and the Pisgah National Forest map. But it was a long, hot day. My sunburn and the sheer exhaustion we felt afterwards were not worth the time, effort and bit of money we made.

This is the Pisgah map we sold.


No comments: