Crabtree Falls

Monday, August 14, 2017

Night on the Town

There are a handful of hotels being built in Asheville at this time - maybe more.  One just opened its doors: AC Hotel.  Kade and I decided to check out the terrace, bar and rooftop patio.  The rooftop patio needs at least another week to get ready.  But the terrace and lounge were off to the races.  And the bar was packed!  The hotel is in the heart of the city, and in the distance you can see the lovely mountains.  Maybe in the Fall we will stop back by, after some of the kinks get worked out.

After AC Hotel and a sushi dinner not far down the road, we walked inside Diana Wortham Theatre - my first time - and took our seats.  The main event for the night was the Laugh Your Asheville Off comedy festival. It was closing night, and stand-up acts from all over the country showed us their best stuff.  I was impressed!  It exceeded my expectations.  And I needed all those laughs!









 



No comments: