Hank, Merle and Waylon. West Asheville.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Story to Tell




1981 Pee Wee Football Banquet

I have a story to tell involving this girl, this "date" and my grandmother.

In the 4th or 5th grade, I saw this very pretty girl standing in line in the hallway.  Students were always lining up to go somewhere.  She just caught my eye!  This girl was not in my class, and I had no idea who she was.  Later, though, I got a name from somebody.  One day, after school, when I was at my grandmother Dot's on Mitchell St., I told her about this very cute girl I saw.  Dot asked for her name, and I readily gave it to her.  Much to my surprise, Dot said, "I know her grandmother!"  The next thing you know, Dot is looking up the grandmother's phone number.  I was so embarrassed, and didn't want her to call anybody about this.  Dot just laughed, and did it anyway.  I was shocked.  Not sure how long it was after this, but this girl was wearing my jacket (school jacket with name), and she obviously went to a banquet with me.  Perhaps Dot's initiative paid off!

No comments: