Kade enjoying a sunset from the pier in Panama City, Florida. Lots of blog content to come!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mr. October

This gem comes from my old collectibles from childhood. When October rolls around, only one name comes to mind:
# 44 Reggie Jackson
In comparison to today's top Yankee star, A-Rod, Reggie accumulated 5 championships in his first 14 years in the league. A-Rod has yet to win a single one in 14 years! I threw out their first years, since they were so new in the league that they didn't play much. The legend of the Jax lives on! For Reggie's stats and bio..http://www.baseball-reference.com/j/jacksre01.shtml

Below are two cards my cousin gave me.


 
 

I remember my dad telling me about this legendary homerun, and how it was the longest one he'd ever seen hit. Perhaps I had already gotten my first baseball card set, and maybe I was already a Reggie fan. I can't really remember. Or, it could be that Dad's mentioning of this mammoth homer sparked my interest in Mr. October. He certainly became my favorite player.

No comments: