Hank, Merle and Waylon. West Asheville.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Say "Cheese"




 
I am pretty confident these babies with Granddad Major are, left to right, Jeff, me and Natalie.  We were all born in the summer of 1971.  Mother said Major was always happy when a new grandbaby arrived.

 







 I actually have an audiotape from this birthday party.  Working on creating a podcast out of it.  On it, you can hear discussions around the dinner table.  As far as I know, it's the only recording of Granddad Major speaking.










This is the only photo we have of Granddad Major with all his grandchildren. (l-r) on sofa: Miles, Mark, Leslie, Melanie, Major W. Espy, Valerie, Will, front, Jeff, Allen, Natalie




Granddad Major holding me.  And then, from left to right, his niece Susan, granddaughter Leslie, great-niece Jennifer, grandson Miles, granddaughter Melanie.

Granddad Major with his grandson Jeff

All these scans actually came from albums belonging to Aunt Marilyn, who has done a remarkable job cataloging, by date and event, an entire lifetime of pictures.  I wish we all could be as organized!  Thank you for letting me scan them.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Love the family pictures. How sweet!

Natalie Woods said...

I have loved looking at these... Such precious MEMORIES! And now... 1, 2, 3 turn 40. I will always be the youngest ;-)
Love!

Major Allen Espy said...

Grazie tanto!