Crabtree Falls

Friday, June 15, 2012

Staycation Galore!

Our Friday started with a stop by the Asheville Visitor Center, a gem in and of itself.  We swung by to get one of their handy maps and to confirm directions to Tryon, NC.  We were going to the Blue Ridge BBQ & Music Festival, and were also going to stop off at some waterfalls. Looking at the map, we made a huge discovery:  the Carl Sandburg Home.  It happens to be right in the vicinity of where we were going.  And, we'd been in Asheville six years, often driving by Flat Rock, NC (the site of the Sandburg home) on our way to Headland, but never stopping.  It was time to put an end to that!  One of the most historical homes in North Carolina just had to be seen.  Our plan evolved into this:  Carl Sandburg estate (Flat Rock), Tryon (lunch), Pearson's Falls plus a minimum of one more falls, and the BBQ festival (Tryon, NC).


If you desire to see the home interior and don't plan to ever visit the property, I did get permission to video as much of the interior as I wanted. I have the video on private. If you want to see it, send me an e-mail at majorespy@yahoo and I will invite you to view it through YouTube's privacy features.

For the extended goat video, click here.  The longer version is quite humorous, and includes more footage of Kade strolling the grounds.





My aunt, Marilyn Espy, with her pet goat in Headland, Alabama - circa 1950s.

I have Aunt Marilyn on video talking about her goat.  I'll add it here one day.

No comments: