Crabtree Falls

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Watt Espy, The Lexington Years

For a short period in the 1960s Watt Espy lived in Lexington, Kentucky. Some letters he saved enabled me to Google these images. I do know quite a bit about Uncle Watty's time in Lexington - why he was there, where he worked, some personal stories and more - and I am hoping that posting just these images will give me some incentive to come back and share some of what I know. When I do, it will end up archived under Watt Espy in categories (right sidebar).

 267 S Limestone St., Lexington, KY     

256 Lyndhurst Place, Lexington, KY


Watt was working as an insurance agent for Kentucky Central Insurance in Lexington.  He also was engaged to a lady named Barbara (divorced, with a child) while living in Lexington.  Major and Edith took a trip to Lexington to spend time with Watty and meet his fiance.  According to one letter Major wrote Watty after the trip, they were impressed with her.

Click here for a letter Watt wrote to a Carroll cousin while in Lexington.

No comments: