Hank, Merle and Waylon. West Asheville.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Comic Timing


One of the things I miss about Mother is her sense of humor.  Back in 2004, when the comedian Chris Rock was rolling out his new HBO special Never Scared, I thought it was hilarious that the promo commercial for his special was "I'm blaaaack."  It had the double meaning, of course, for his race and for the big announcement of his return to the stage.  And over the next few years, when I arrived at the in Headland (AL) or returned to Asheville from a trip, I would say or text Chris Rock's "I'm blaaaack" line.  One weekend Kade and I were in Headland staying with Mom.  One night after Mom had taken her dogs out for a walk, she opened up the door and, with a big smile on her smile, said, "I'm blaaaack."  It was priceless, and was perfect timing,  Chris Rock would have been proud! 

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

First off, your mom was so pretty! And I love that she learned that line and used it perfectly. :)