Kade enjoying a sunset from the pier in Panama City, Florida. Lots of blog content to come!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Tom York Interviews Watt Espy

In the early '80s Watt Espy gave an interview on The Tom York Morning Show, a popular program that aired for 32 years on Channel 6 in Birmingham (now owned by FOX).  I've heard from a few people that they remember seeing Espy's interview.  However, I can't seem to find a copy of it.  Hoping that this blog post might magically assist me!  To learn a bit more about Tom York, click here.

York (left)

Watt Espy

Click here for an interview Charlie Rose did with Byron York, Tom's son.

I got this email from Byron York:

I'm sorry to tell you that there are not any archives of The Morning Show.  As I understand it, whenever the show was taped, the tape was reused to tape another one the next week.  At some point, they were thrown away.  It's a terrible thing, but that's the situation.  So your uncle's interview was not preserved.

Sorry I can't help you, and I wish you the best with your blog.

Best,

Byron York

No comments: