Kade enjoying a sunset from the pier in Panama City, Florida. Lots of blog content to come!

Friday, March 27, 2015

RIP

 

"People rarely receive the burial they desire.  Those who would be quite happy in an urn sitting on a friend's mantel piece are obliged to go and rot in a cemetery or to its equivalent."  - Voltaire, to his biographer in 1772

In my adult life, I have seen a few deaths and been to a few funerals.  I have read a few obituaries, heard a few preachers give eulogies, and listened to a few loved ones talk about the deceased.  It dawned on me.....There seems to be a lot of fiction wrapped up in a death.  In some instances, in talking with friends and family, I asked them if they have observed this.  Sure enough, what I hear most frequently is, "Yep, great works of fiction surround people's deaths."  Wonder why that is?

No comments: