|Birth:||Aug. 22, 1787|
|Death:||May 14, 1823|
On January 28, 1808 in Caswell County, North Carolina, Samuel WATT married Mercy RICE.
Samuel and Mercy WATT had children:
1. Elizabeth Goodman "Betsy" WATT, born November 28, 1808, married October 07, 1824 in Cherokee County, Alabama to Robert Marion ESPY.
2. Samuel H. WATT, born 1809, married February 09, 1836 in Cherokee County, Alabama to Elizabeth MATHES.
3. William Blanton WATT, born September 21, 1810 Caswell Beach, Brunswick Co, North Carolina, married October 27, 1841 in Cherokee County, Alabama to Emily E. HAMPTON. After death of William, Emily remarried Mr. LAWRENCE.
4. Susan R. WATT, born ca 1812, married on September 17, 1835 to James M. REEVES.
5. Talitha Cuni WATT, born Jan 19, 1813 per Bible Records (alt b. January 21, 1810), married February 14, 1829 to John HOWARD.
6. Sarah WATT, born April 03, 1815 Georgia, married September 28, 1832 in Morgan County, Georgia to Robert Marion HARDWICK.
7 & 8. Twins born May 04, 1817 Catherine B. WATT and Savannah WATT. On February 07, 1837 Catherine WATT married A. C. DAY.
9. Kitturah Blackwell WATT, born March 08, 1819
10. John Seaborn WATT, born June 27, 1821 Henry County, Alabama, married December 28, 1847 in Cherokee County, Alabama to Susan T. Dumfriese. John was a physician.
Mercy Rice Watt (1786 - 1844)
Elizabeth Watt Espy (1808 - 1859)*
Cedar Bluff Cemetery, where Samuel Watt and Mercy RICE Watt are buried
WATT FAMILY BIBLE
(In possession of Miss Claudia Blackwell, Cuthbert, Ga.)
Samuel Watt was married to Mercy Rice Jan. 28 1808.
Elizabeth Watt was born Nov. 28, 1808
at Cedar Bluff, Cherokee County
Samuel Watt was born Aug. 22, 1787 ---- died May 14, 1823
Mercy Rice was born Nov. 13, 1786 ---- died May 16, 1858 (April 5, 1844)
(NOTE- a tomb marks her grave in Cedar Bluff Cemetery.)
William B. Watt was born Sept. 21, 1810
Telitha Cuni Watt was born Jan. 21, 1810 (Jan. 10, 1813)
She married John Howard Feb, 14, 1829
Sarah Watt was born Aril 3, 1815
She married Robert Howard Sept. 27, 1832 (Robert Hardwick)
Catherine B. Watt was Born May 4, 1817
She married A. C. Day 7 Feb. 1837
Susannah Watt was born may 4, 1817.
She married James M Reeves Sept. 17, 1835
Elizabeth Watt Married Robert Espy on Oct. 7, 1824 at Cedar Bluff.
Both are buried south of Eufaula.
______B. Watt daughter of Samuel and Mercy Watt was born Mar. 8, 1819
John Seaborn Watt son of Mercy and Samuel Watts was born June 27, 1821
and died 1843 (His grave is marked at Cedar Bluff)
Susan Watt wife of John S. Watt was born Jan. 8, 1821.
William B. Watt son of John S. and Susan Watt was born Oct.8, 1842
Mary Frances Watt daughter of W. B. and E. E. M. Watt was born Nov. 24,
John S. Watt and Susan T. DeFreese was married Dec. 28, 1841
Footnotes: This family Bible is extracted from the microfilm in the LDS Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah. The LDS Church has photographed, transcribed and placed on microfilm many Bibles of early Cherokee County, Alabama families. These Bibles contain a tremendous amount of rich genealogy data which will be helpful to researchers who are searching for ancestors in the area of Cherokee County, Alabama.