Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Egg Custard Pie


Found this email.  Cast:  Mila Espy Woods, Marilyn Espy McClendon, Mark Carroll Espy, Jr., and Edith Vann Espy (Deedee).

Good morning, Mark.  I don't remember if I sent a recipe for the egg custard pie or not.  The one I have is Mila's recipe; she likely got it from Mother.  I never had good luck with egg custards; hope yours turns out well.  I love the taste, just had trouble getting smooth consistency.  Good luck and have a Happy Thanksgiving.  Thinking of each of you as you go through this first holiday season without your mother; it's tough, I know.
           
            4 eggs             1 1/2 cups milk   
            1 cup sugar      1 tsp. vanilla
            2 tsp. oleo

Mix above ingredients in mixer or blender and pour into UNBAKED pie shell.  Bake 35-45 minutes on 350 till golden brown.  Time may vary on your stove.

Aunt Marilyn


Allen,

This is Deedee's outstanding egg custard pie recipe. I made it yesterday afternoon and it is absolutely, positively delicious.

Kade may want to try it. The only change that I made when I made it is that instead of 2 tsp of Oleo, which I think is really margerine, I used 2 generous tablespoons of melted butter, and added it along with the rest of the ingredients to the blender to mix.

Mark

No comments: