Crabtree Falls

Friday, August 12, 2016

Dorothy Moore (Barnette) Grace Interviews

The first interview was done for my high school freshman history class.  I was using an outline of biographical questions we got for the assignment.  My accent is so funny!



This recording was part of a longer tape I made, and I was planning to send it in a care package to my former students in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.  At the time, I was working in Headland, Alabama.  For some reason this tape never got sent.  Now happy it wasn't!  Dot was 85 years old. She had been living with her daughter for four years.  Topics:  most remarkable event of her life, thoughts on segregation era, black help in the family, fishing with Victor, Victor's death, her move to Headland, pluses of moving in with her daughter, portraits of her and Victor, relationship advice for grandkids, everyday activities, and a 'thank you' to Uzbek family for gift.





No comments: