Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

One of Those

The San Francisco Glacier at El Morado Natural Monument National Park - Chile
What can I say about Chile?  I think I summed it up best in a text to an Atlanta friend:  "Some countries are fortunate enough to have a little bit of everything. Chile is one of those."

I will share something that really "tickled" Kade. As our guide Sebastian was driving us to the national park, I asked him if he could guess where Kade is from.  He said, "Somewhere in Asia?" That was pretty easy. When I said Thailand, his face lit up. I asked if he had been there.  He said he hadn't, but a number of his friends had. I asked what they thought of Thailand. He said very quickly, "They all want to live there." Kade, of course, smiled big.  But that statement says a lot. If somebody from Chile mentions a country being beautiful or intriguing, take them at their word.  They know what it means.  And I would say, likewise, someone from Thailand (or the USA) will be very impressed with Chile.

We also spent time in Buenos Aires (Argentina).  All I can say is world-class.  Think of any of the top tier cities in the world (Paris, Tokyo, Moscow, New York), Buenos Aires is right in there.

Click here for my travel blog, Ballyhoo.  

No comments: