Crabtree Falls

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hillman Beer - Asheville, NC

Hillman Beer is located near the Biltmore Village and Biltmore Estate.  It seems to have everything people might want in a brewery:  tasty beer, guest taps, spacious grounds, outdoor seating, pet-friendly vibe, games, in-house food and friendly staff.  The building and grounds are very well-designed. Lots of good planning took place!  If you're local like I am, and you can get there on a weekday around 5 PM or so, it's not crowded - a very good thing.   Up until this visit, I had not ever heard of Hillman Beer.  I can tell you now, however, if a guest comes to town, and they want beer, especially a conversation over beer, this will be very high on the list.


The beer on the right is one of Hillman's brews:  Biere De Garde.  A friend of mine ordered it.

I turned my glass around, and there was the Ginger's Revenge logo.  I didn't realize it then, but I actually ordered one of the craft beers from Hillman's guest taps.  It was a lime beer, and on the sweet side.  Less alcohol, too.  Ginger's Revenge is another brewery in town - I think a smaller, new one.  I will have to check them out.








1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Hey stranger! I am loving all the local posts about Asheville! My husband and I are coming to Asheville oct 25-28 for a little getaway which will actually be a babymoon as we are expecting our first child in march! Maybe we can meet up for a pint (well, water for me!) or a coffee when we are there? I will shoot you an email. My husband LOVES breweries and craft beer so I would love your suggestion for the top 2-3 places to visit. I am pretty sure we will go to the New Belgium brewery as that is one of his favorite beer makers. But we would love to know what else you would suggest.