Crabtree Falls

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Major Espy Family

Jan 1939

May 1939

Daddy's and Mother's first home was where the SE AL Gas Co. is now.  Daddy got the design for the Main Street home while at the 1939 New Yok World's Fair.  There was a section on housing and he brought back plans. - Watty Espy


Major Espy House
Main Street -  Headland, AL

Major Watt Espy, Jr. (from Major's first marriage to Mary Jordan Scott)

Edith Vann Espy (my grandmother) with Mark (Dad) and Marilyn

Mila, Mark and Marilyn

Mark, Marilyn, Major Sr., Mila, Major Jr. (Watty)


all nine of the grandkids


Arguably the best portrait the family has of Major and Edith. I believe this was taken for the First Baptist Church Directory in the mid to late 70's.

1 comment:

~N~ said...

Thanks for sharing!Oh the Memories.
I'm back online and getting settled. My official move to BHM is next Thursday though I've been here 10+ days my stuff isn't. Finally got computer issues settled; please be in touch @ my gmail address bc I can't reply from rr.com. These pics are all very special! A terrific group :) Dedee really hated to have her pic taken so the 1st Baptist directory shot is a rare one! The story behind the one of the 3 kids is funny, do you know it? They were posing before Kate Helen & Roy's wedding. -N@