Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cape Cod & Martha's Vineyard

Cape Cod proved to be my favorite destination of the whole trip.  It didn't hurt that Kade and I stayed in a lovely, relaxing B&B By the Sea in the coastal town, Dennis Port. 

My personal highlight - and I would say it was Uncle Jim's too - was taking a late afternoon swim in the Atlantic, on the outer cape at Coast Guard Beach.  Another cool thing Kade and I did was tour the JFK Museum in Hyannis.  On our last full day on Cape Cod, we took a boat to Martha's Vineyard.  On "the Vin" we saw the beach where JAWS was filmed, we saw the home where Dr. King penned his I have a Dream speech and we took a bus down a street where Jackie Kennedy Onassis used to ride her bicycle.  And, I must mention that we spotted (and I videoed) two celebrities - well, one TV personality and one music legend.  The clips below are the shortest of the videos I made.  Extended versions of these - along with a few additional Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard ones - can be found on my youtube channel:  major allen espy








 

During the time we were on Cape Cod, there was a shark sighting.
Click here for part five.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Major,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Dennis Port to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane