Crabtree Falls

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Vermont & New Hampshire

After our stop in Troy, NY to see one of Uncle Watty's friends we drove through the Southern part of Vermont and New Hampshire, working our way back east.  Brattleboro, Vermont was a particular destination I had in mind.  It was where I almost went to get my master's degree at the (SIT) School for International Teaching.  Several years ago I had thought about getting a master's in ESL (English as Second Language), and had heard wonderful things about their program from my colleagues in Bangkok.  Anyway, this trip I wanted to drive through Brattleboro.  We did, and I was greatly impressed.  It reminded me of Asheville, with the lovely mountains, active downtown and thriving arts community.   Keene, NH also turned out to be a city that impressed us quite a bit.  Uncle Jim, once again, provided our comedy!  The scene in the video where he comes out of the porta-toilet is hilarious.



Click here for part three.

No comments: