This is sunset at Rajabhakti Park in Hua Hin, Thailand, just this month. To learn more about the park and what sparked my interest in it, click here.

Friday, April 21, 2017

When Squirrels Cry

On the one-year anniversary of Prince's death, I decided that it was time to unveil the purple squirrel. I got this brown squirrel from my mother's things  It used to be in one of her flower beds.  It had rusted, and was generally on hard times.  I went to ACE Hardware and bought a scrubbing pad and some deruster.  Once all the flakes were off and the surface was fairly smooth, I had to go back to ACE to pick out a paint.  At first I was going to redo it brown, it's original color.  But then there was the purple!  I'm guessing I was at least the only person that day to ask the ACE helper if purple gloss would work, and if he thought it might be a good way to honor the late pop star, Prince.  He smiled and said, "I bet so!"  





My sister, who was (and is!) a big Prince fan, is forever linked to The Purple One!  Call it fate.  Call it destiny.........But Prince died on my sister's birthday, bless her heart.

No comments: