Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

THIS IS IT

Kade and I saw the first showing of THIS IS IT in Asheville. It was 12:01 AM Wednesday morning! The documentary, directed by the magnificent Kenny Ortega, was put together from the 100 or more hours of rehearsal footage for the THIS IS IT concert series that was to take London by storm.

I think the legendary Elizabeth Taylor summed up the concert film best when she posted this on Twitter:

"It is the single most brilliant piece of filmmaking I have ever seen. It cements forever Michael's genius in every aspect of creativity. To say the man is a genius is an understatement. He cradles each note, coaxes the music to depths beyond reality. I wept from pure joy at his God given gift. There will never, ever be the likes of him again."




1 comment:

Emily Espy said...

Oh I had a friend who saw it at midnight and said it was amazing!
Ya I would like to go see it if i get the chance!