Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Majestic

Next, we drove over to Columbus, NC, hoping to locate Shunkawauken Falls. On the steep, winding drive up White Oak Mountain, I encountered some wildlife. I spotted a huge deer hiding amid some trees. As we drove past, it simply ran across the road. My heart was racing at that point. Eyes on full alert, we then drove on up the mountain and reached a breathtaking overlook. I was parking the car when I heard Kade exclaim, "Look at that bird!" It was a soaring hawk or eagle. This is when we started filming. MAJESTIC is the word that comes to the mind. The soaring bird of prey was majestic, and the mountain vista that was spread out before us was majestic. The deer, the bird, the mountains....that would have been more than good enough. We could have simply gone home at the point. Yet, just down the road was an incredible 150 ft. waterfall that we could simply view from our car. It too was majestic.

No comments: