Crabtree Falls

Friday, June 16, 2017

Esmer Culver Moore




Thanks to my sister for unearthing this!

In the '70s and into the early '80s, Esmer (or Esma!) was our Friday 'help.'  Back then, the term 'maid' was primarily used.  She mostly worked at my grandparents' home, but on Fridays she was at our house.  Growing up, she was a big part of our lives, and she did virtually everything.  All the kids have stories about her - fond memories.  I have been collecting a number, and I will add them here when I can.  I just remember as a child coming in from school, entering the home through the garage door, then seeing her ironing clothes. You could feel the heat from the steam, and you'd notice that subtle scent that comes from ironing.  We would walk in and say "Hey Esma!" and she would always respond in a pleasant way. We loved Esma!

Some of Esmer's kin



No comments: