Crabtree Falls

Monday, September 24, 2018

Courthouse Falls

Made it to Courthouse Falls after Hurricane Florence. The forest road was open and clear of debris. If you go slowly, you can drive a standard car on the gravel road. The best advice I could give is read up on how to get there, and don't think because it's an easy hike that you cannot get lost. The trail signs are not where you'd expect them, and the parking area for the trail doesn't exactly look like one. You might drive on up the forest road and start hiking on the wrong trail. Hiking humbles you, and I often get humbled. This is one of my favorite waterfalls. We had it all to ourselves. You definitely can swim in the falls.









See Kade?



The white baldness of my head was merging into the foam, which looked really funny!  Had to go with a filter.  But even then......

For my earlier hikes to Courthouse Falls, click here.

No comments: