Crabtree Falls

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Evelyn Kelly




It was always my understanding that my grandmother, Edith (Vann) Espy, took art lessons from Evelyn Kelly.  They were also just good friends.  In the following video, Edith's daughter Marilyn shows a few of her mother's paintings.  And then if you go back up and zoom in on the newspaper photo of Evelyn Kelly, behind her are portraits of my sister (top-center) and first cousin (right behind Evelyn).  Those are Evelyn's creations.


Recently, on a visit to Headland, Alabama, I went to Darwin Kelly, Sr.'s 100th birthday.  He and Evelyn are siblings.  Evelyn passed away in late December 2001.

1974



another portrait of my sister, Leslie, painted by Evelyn Kelly

She painted this beautiful portrait of my cousin, Amanda Brannon.


She might have painted the portrait of my late aunt, Marilyn (Espy) McClendon.


Click here to see more of Edith (Vann) Espy's paintings.

And click here to learn about Evelyn's father.

No comments: