Crabtree Falls

Monday, February 15, 2021

Jefferson Davis Hotel

In the 1940s, when Major W. Espy was an Alabama state senator and president of the Alabama Bankers Association, he would sometimes stay in this hotel when he had to be in Montgomery.  And usually on his trips to the capital, he would take along his son, Watty.  I have seen a journal note or something where Uncle Watty mentioned the Jefferson Davis Hotel.  Once I find it, I will add it here.  




today
Click here for a bit of history.

Alabama Journal
May 13, 1949

1 comment:

Henry Holman said...

I knew it well. In and out of it many times. Radio Station WSFA where my oldest brother was an announcer was on he mezzanine floor. Once when visiting my brother he was 'putting on the air' Hank Williams band. That's before he made the bigtime. Hank