Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Love to my cousins!

I really am happy when I get e-mails like this from people who find my blog:  

Is it “Major” as in rank or “Major” as in first name?  I have several hundred Skippers & Espys on my Family Tree Maker.  Much research was done by my 2nd cousin, Arthur Miller Skipper, b. 1909, d. 1999.  

My mother was Eloise Ray Skipper O’Neill, b. 2/14/1916, d. 3/7/1998.  Her mother was Ada Mae “Bidie” Espy, b. 4/24/1870 in Eufaula, AL & d. 3/26/1958 in Columbia, Alabama.  Her father was William Coleman “Doc” Espy, b. 4/7/1831 in Georgia.  His father was Robert Espy, b. 4/8/1800 in North Carolina.  My mother's father was Thomas (“Tone") Morgan Skipper b. 7/17/1861 in Abbeville, Henry County, Alabama.  His father was Arthur Marion Skipper b. 3/11/1819 in Town Creek, NC & d. 3/1/1897, buried in Abbeville Cemetery, Henry County, AL.  Nora Jean and Linda Seaborn are the granddaughters of my mother’s sister, Elizabeth Skipper Seaborn.  She had one son, Lester Walden (“Pat”) Seaborn, b. 4/28/1924 in Columbia, Alabama.  See attached “Family Pedigree” to connect us to Watt & Espy.  Cool!  Love to my cousins!! 

Maggie O’Reilly
Bethesda, MD 


My first name is Major - the sixth generation to have it.  Thanks for the info you shared.  On my personal blog I have tons on Watt Espy and the Espys in general, including photos of Robert Espy's grave in Alabama.  Just peruse the categories, find something you like and then be sure to keep clicking Older Posts at the bottom of each page to take you to more content.

No comments: