Crabtree Falls

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Slow-Changing



During my college years, when I was very active in Campus Outreach (a regional Campus Crusade for Christ), I recall returning home one summer and seeing a Yoga book and one on Feng Shui on the coffee table.  They were huge books with illustrations explaining the concepts and techniques.  I thought it was a bit strange, and wondered why my mom would want to have those books.  It was as though there was conflict with my Christian worldview.  As it turns out, my mom, in regards to that anyway, was ahead of her time.  Now, most people don't even bat an eye.  Click here and #4 to find out why yoga is perceived to be a threat.

Another memory is of my dad (and someone else) visiting a loved one's home and seeing a large Buddha image on display.  And rather than ask the person about it, they reported back, in a concerned fashion, "We saw something strange at so-and-so's house."  Funny then, and even more comical thinking back on it today.  A Buddha could be simply a piece of art or something exotic to place in a garden.

No comments: