Crabtree Falls

Monday, August 7, 2023

Bill's Dollar Store


November - 1975



Back in the day, when I was child, sometimes you'd run around outside in your bare feet.  You could be running around on a hot driveway in your bare feet.  You could take off across the yard in your bare feet.  The sensation was often pleasant, but on occasion you'd burn your feet or step on some stickers.  That was the risk.  I recall one time getting out of the car on the town square and running into Bill's.  I'm sure I was with my mother, and maybe even my sister.  I was probably no more than four or five.  I walked or ran down one aisle.  And what do you know?!  I stepped right in some stinky vomit!  It horrified me, and I screamed for help.  Not sure how I got cleaned up in the store, but back at home Mother gave me a bath in her big tub.  I was still so worried that my foot was forever damaged, and that the stink was with me for life.  To help me overcome this worry, my sweet mother and sister, back on the bed in the master bedroom, kissed my feet to show me all was okay. 

No comments: