Crabtree Falls

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Peachtree Arcade


Beverly (Espy) Dayries' memories

I haven't been to downtown Atlanta in forever, except
once to a night concert.  I imagine much has been demolished and rebuilt.  I loved the Peachtree Arcade.  There was a huge beautiful fountain on the lowest floor.  I know Watty went to the Peachtree Arcade, too.  There was a store that sold stamps to collectors.  I am guessing he was in about the seventh grade.
I can't be positive, but my daddy (J.J. Espy, Jr.) probably took him there when he took me to my dancing lesson, which was across from the Peachtree Arcade.

I took ballet, tap, and a few from other countries.  I did one with finger cymbals, one with a tambourine, another with a 
fan, and what I liked best - Castanets.  I loved Spanish dancing the most.  I was in the Dance Group when I went to Agnes Scott College. 


No comments: