Crabtree Falls

Monday, September 2, 2024

Gotta Have A Vision

I have four USA trips I want do, all before I reach fifty:  1. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway from tip of Oregon all the way south to San Diego, stopping at every popular beach.  Thinking of a compact RV for this.  2. Drive the entire coast of Florida, stopping at every important beach.  Again, a compact RV.  3. Spend 3-4 weeks in Hawaii.  4. Drive the Maine coast, eating seafood along the way, and then hit parts of New Hampshire and Vermont. 

If I can do these four, I will rest forever easy on US travel.  And these I think are vital to do when you're younger and in good shape.  I don't want to be the traveler at 65, with a big stomach and worn look, embarrassed to take off my shirt and regretting not being able to eye the young lasses during my prime!  lol

Internationally, I have some bigger ideas.  But the main thing I lack right now is the willpower to do them.  Part of my trouble is that I have done a lot already and my enthusiasm is not what I want it to be.  Hoping it can change.  Lovely places out there.  And I like the idea of themes for some reason: oyster eating, body massages, etc..

We will very likely live out our twilight years in Thailand......

- thoughts to someone in 2016

No comments: