When I was really young, I loved Salisbury Steak TV dinners. So, I decided at the age of 37, to grab one at the neighborhood Ingles to see how good they really were. The meat with gravy was pretty good. The sides were awful.
Allen, as awful as that tv dinner looks, I too miss the salisbury steak dinner. It's hard to believe there's only one slab of "steak" in there. I haven't had one of those in at least two decades. Perhaps I'll take a trip down memory lane as well...
I liked that one and Meatloaf. Oddly enough, when I would visit my grandmother on Mitchell Street, we'd eat Lean Cuisines. Now I don't think I can stomach. Frozen stuffed crabs were also something I'd eat when I was young - right on the hearth, a mere three feet in front of the tube.
2 comments:
Allen, as awful as that tv dinner looks, I too miss the salisbury steak dinner. It's hard to believe there's only one slab of "steak" in there. I haven't had one of those in at least two decades. Perhaps I'll take a trip down memory lane as well...
I liked that one and Meatloaf. Oddly enough, when I would visit my grandmother on Mitchell Street, we'd eat Lean Cuisines. Now I don't think I can stomach. Frozen stuffed crabs were also something I'd eat when I was young - right on the hearth, a mere three feet in front of the tube.
Post a Comment