Crabtree Falls

Monday, October 20, 2008

Bumper Cars

Allen,

Billy was going to work at the Knowles Farm one summer and headed toward the large blue Harvestores where I had been feeding cattle in the feedlot. I was coming out and we met in a blind spot where the corn was growing even higher than my pickup. Billy was more worried about his dad’s car as he had gone in a ditch the previous week on a truck. I was just thankful we only had minor bumps and bruises as we were traveling around 30 miles an hour each so hitting head-on was the equivalent of hitting a wall at 60 miles per hour. The year was probably 1970.

Hope this answers your question.

Love,

Dad

Watty writes about the incident.  Actually was 1967.

 an article about the Knowles Farm - 1970.  Dad is top-right.

Leslie & Mark on the farm


Here's a video I made in March 2012.  Shows footage of Espy Farms silos at Knowles Farm.

No comments: