Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pigskin

During the '80s I was captivated by Auburn athletics, especially football and basketball. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve the Iron Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Bo Jackson, Charles Barkley, A-Day games and more. I posted several photos from some of Auburn's A-Day Spring games as well as one photo from the Sugar Bowl in 1983. In a couple of pictures is Pat Dye, one of the best coaches ever on The Plains.

The day after tomorrow Auburn will face their nemesis, the Crimson Tide of Alabama. The Tigers and Tide will undoubtedly be fighting one another in the biggest game of this college football season. Even if #2 Auburn loses, the Tigers are bound for the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta the first weekend of December. Kade and I will go with my dad to that game, and it will be my first game in years, and Kade's first college game ever! My other brother Miles and his kids will also be going to that game. In fact, after their Thanksgiving feast tomorrow, Miles and his boys are off to Tuscaloosa for the Auburn-Bama showdown! Let the fun begin!





L to R:  Eric Baxley, Jeff McClendon (cousin), me, Robbie Sanders
A-Day Spring Football at Auburn University
For more A-Day photos, click here.




No comments: