Crabtree Falls

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The One and Only

When Kade and I visit my hometown we usually try to see William and Zona Baxter.  They live on Main Street, maybe just a mile from my family home.  Zona taught me French in high school.  I think my cousin Jeff and I made her very eager for retirement, but we sure did enjoy her class.  Zona taught many of my family members and scores of locals in Headland's public school system over the years.  Even my dad was one of her students!  Zona would say that Dad and I definitely have similar characteristics: Humor and playfulness come before serious study!  I don't know if I became bilingual or not, but I sure tried speaking French on our class trip to Europe.  Zona was one of the organizers of that trip!  What fun we had!  Here's a link to some photos from that trip.  And that trip likely was what motivated me to continue taking journeys.  One plus in visiting Zona is that she usually serves up something yummy, like coffee and an orange muffin.












Some photos above are from Headland's Facebook page.

Dec. '73

1983

1984

1984


1984

1986

1986

1988

1988

May 2012 (surprise at Northside Kmart in Dothan, AL)

The Wiregrass Farmer
January 8, 1953


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Allen and Kade! You are an amazing source!! Where in the world did you come up with this historical record? It is quite obvious that there were errors....but I enjoyed seeing it again. Zona, June 2010