Crabtree Falls

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Sunnyside (Panama City, FL)






















It's a really good feeling waking up at the beach and knowing that you can walk a very short distance to sugary sand and beautiful water.  It's also nice returning to a beach where you spent weekends and weeks of your childhood summers.  And during my college years, I even spent two entire summers in Panama City.  So this trip down, although I simply wanted some sunshine and an opportunity to swim in the sea, what really motivated me was the chance to reminisce and to show Kade some of the places I used to go, and things I used to do.  For example, before going down, I had asked some family if Thomas Donuts was still in business.  Sure enough, it was, and Kade and I made a few pilgrimages.  And just that first morning itself was so pleasant, almost surreal - stepping out on the front porch of my great-uncle's cottage, looking left and right, and thinking, "Yep, this is what a beach road is supposed to look like."  Another plus for us, arriving that first night in Panama City, was connecting with my sister and brother-in-law, who were down there for a few days.  

No comments: