Crabtree Falls

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Oyster Field Trip


only $2500





"Black Bear" by Alexus Lefebvre

Did some more walking around Boothbay Harbor, mainly to look in all the shops.  I ended up purchasing this bear print.  Will fit great with my Asheville bears on office wall.   Appreciate the lady managing Boothbay Region Art Foundation.  Her name was June!  When I asked for a bear print, she said there might be one upstairs.  She said she'd look.  I told her we were going to walk around and then stop back by.  Sure enough, she found something.  Even got a deal on it!  After our Boothbay Harbor walkabout, the rest of the day was spent at an oyster farm in Edgecomb, and in the city Damariscotta.







 locally-grown oysters, Maine beer and the Damariscotta River 



feeling exhausted

Success!


unbelievably satisfying





Kade did try her second raw oyster of the trip!  She said if I shucked one for her, she'd have to eat it.  My kind of lady!  I was only able to open seven of the dozen oysters I bought.  It was too difficult.  What's funny is that a man and his lady came up, and sat at a table not far from us.  He was shucking oysters so fast, and presenting them to his lady - right up to her mouth.  It furthered my embarrassment!  We had to leave.  I had those remaining unshucked oysters on a tray, and I walked them over to that couple.



Kade used the Nikon down at the Glidden Point dock.


on our way out

We drove on up to Damariscotta, the city.

Damariscotta River









They only offered one type of oyster:  Norumbega.  Norumbegas are sourced from the Damariscotta River, as are 80% of all of Maine's oysters.  Those BBQ Pub Fries with ranch dressing.....fabulous.

Fall Foliage cocktail for the lady!

Had been eating a lot of seafood.  Decided to complement my dozen raw oysters with a burger - yes, a burger.  It was probably just an ordinary burger, but at that moment, for that very meal, it was pretty delicious.

baked haddock

Lunch beer by Maine Beer Co.


A big shout-out to our server Ashleigh for her friendliness and excellent service!

No comments: