Crabtree Falls

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Back 4 More

Had to take Kade to Rye Knot after my recent wonderful experience.  They were playing the Army-Navy game.  I talked with one of the owners, who went to Navy.  I shared that one of the first books I ever got was Roger Staubach's autobiography.  My dad gave it to me.  Staubach was a Navy alumnus, of course.  To try to impress the owner, I also threw out the name Napoleon McCallum, who was a big-time Navy RB in the early 80s.  He said, "Oh, Napoleon and I were classmates!"  He definitely one-upped me!

Kade got a Strawberry Cosmo, and I got a Smoked Rye Fashion.

Onion Rings and Smoked Wings (BBQ)

Mussels

Eggnog Cheesecake

Recently we returned to buy some Rye Whiskey to use in some cocktails. 




That's Roger!



Founded in 2020 Rye Knot is the Asheville reinterpretation of the traditional Pub. Great comfort foods and with an in-house brewery and distillery (the first of its kind in the state of North Carolina).  We happily pay all of our employees a living wage or better and we truly appreciate the generosity of our customers with your generous gratuities.  Rye Knot is a Disabled Veteran-Owned business.


Our philosophy is to prepare our take on American bar food classics using the best responsibly sourced products while providing unpretentious and friendly service… with a great drink to wash it down!  - from Rye Knot's website


Click here for some Prince art I purchased at Rye Knot.


And click here for more on the Roger Staubach book.

No comments: